- 1.35kg (3lb) pumpkin or butternut squash
- de-seeded and diced.
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 150g (5½oz) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 115g (4oz) desiccated coconut
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 55g (2oz) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- In a large pan add the pumpkin and cook in boiling water for 20 minutes, or place in a large bowl and microwave on high with 3 tablespoons water for 10 - 15 minutes until soft.
- Mash and cool slightly.
- Grease an 18cm x 25.5cm (7 x10 inch) rectangular baking dish. In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and the cooked pumpkin.
- Spoon into a prepared dish and bake for 55-60 minutes until slightly brown and firm to the touch.