Even the kids will try this, it must be the slightly sweeter angle, they really are tasty, but you must drain the sprouts well.
- 700g sprouts
- tightly closed and brilliant green, trimmed
- 200g Crème fraiche
- 2 level tsp Madras curry paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 small shallots, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cook the sprouts in plenty of boiling water, until soft in the centre, about 10 minutes. They need to be slightly over cooked I think.
- Cool under cold water then drain really well. This can be done a few hours before.
- Then you come to serve, there is only one way to warm them up, pop them in the microwave.
- Warm the oil and add the shallot and cook for 1 minute to soften, then add the curry paste cook for a further 1 minute, then cool.
- To serve, warm the sprouts, tip off any water, then stir in the curry and shallots, Créme fraiche, chutney and finally chopped parsley