- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2cm cubes and cooked
- 5 small carrots, peeled,
cooked and cut into small pieces
- ½ medium cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100mls water
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 140g rocket
- 2 small apples
- Chicken En Croute with Green Peppercorns and Mustard.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook for a few minutes to brown slightly.
- Next add the potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower and continue to cook until they all take a little colour.
- Next, add the crumbled stock cube, water and a generous dash of pepper.
- Stir well and cook over a high heat, so the stock cube dissolves and the water reduces slightly, this will make the dish nice and moist, but not wet.
- Check the seasoning, adjust if needed.
- Cook the Chicken En Croute as per the pack instructions.
- Then place the rocket, into a large bowl, grate the apple on a coarse grater, and add to the rocket, mix well, but lightly.
- Add the 2 tbsp olive oil, and mix well again, but do not crush the lettuce.
- Serve the Chicken En Croute with the hash and serve the salad separately.