- 4 ripe figs
- 150g salmon fillet, cut into cubes
- For the glaze:
- 125ml red wine
- Half a fish stock cube
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Cut slits in the tops of the figs.
- Place all the glaze ingredients into a pan, season and simmer until you have a thick glaze.
- Grill the figs under a hot grill until soft. Arrange on a plate and open out.
- Pan fry the salmon in a hot pan, skin side up, for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and take off the heat straight away and leave to stand for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- Arrange between the figs and drizzle over the red wine glaze.