What every Mum deserves; a great way to start the day. Forget greasy fry-ups, this is a beautifully light alternative. Any bread will do, but rye gives a nutty edge.
- 4 slices Rye bread, lightly toasted
- 55g softened unsalted butter
- 200g smoked salmon (4 x 50g portions)
- 4 free range medium eggs
- 500g natural yogurt (4x 50g portions)
- 2 pots fresh chives, chopped
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- Place a small pan of water on the hob and add a little salt and 2 tsp vinegar. Bring to the boil.
- Place the lightly toasted rye bread on four warm plates, butter the bread well. Top with the smoked salmon.
- Once the water boils, break the four eggs in, gently, then bring back to the boil and turn down the heat to simmer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes maximum, or until the whites are set.
- Once cooked, drain well and place onto the four smoked salmon rye breads.
- Mix the yogurt with the chives and spoon evenly over the four plates.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and serve with a wedge of fresh lime.