- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 350g/12oz dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 320g jar tomato hamburger relish
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250ml jar mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle a little water over eight pieces of cling film, then use to loosely wrap the chicken thighs.
- Beat with a rolling pin until chicken is about 1cm thick. Unwrap the chicken and season.
- Place the flour, eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls or plates.
- Dust both sides of the chicken pieces in flour, dip in beaten eggs and then coat in breadcrumbs - pat down to make sure that the breadcrumbs have stuck and the chicken is covered!
- To cook the chicken, heat a large frying pan or griddle pan. Add oil and allow to heat then add the chicken and cook gently for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, stir together the relish, soy sauce, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise and mix thoroughly. Season.