If you are looking for a really tasty, light, healthy meal then look no further. The deep flavour comes from the use of both chicken and fish stock, finished with plenty of fragrant herbs and extra virgin olive oil.
- Roughly 100g each of carrot
- green beans
- and potato
- 100mls white wine, medium glass
- 600mls water
- 1 fish stock cube, reduced salt
- 1 chicken stock cube, reduced salt
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 4 heaped tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 heaped tbsp chopped basil
- 2 heaped tbsp chopped coriander
- Pinch sugar to taste
- 50mls good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 500g Alaska Pacific Cod
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- Place the wine, water, fish and chicken stock cubes, garlic, vegetables, bay and turmeric, bay leaves into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add some salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the veg are cooked.
- Cut the fish into 2cm pieces and drop into the hot stock,
- Poach for 2 minutes, do not overcook.
- Add the herbs and olive oil, re check the seasoning and warm through.