- 800g old potatoes, peeled and 2cm cubes
- 500mls olive oil, not extra virgin
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped very finely
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes, skinned, de seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 heaped tsp finely chopped red chilli
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika or pimenton
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan add the potatoes in small batches and cook until soft.
Remove from the oil and cool refry until slightly crisp and golden.
Add a little olive oil to a frying pan and add the garlic and chilli and cook until softened slightly.
Add the tomatoes and paprika and cook until you have a mushy sauce.
Spoon over the cooked potatoes and tuck in.
I like to serve a plate of cooked Chorizo sausages, sliced Serrano ham and olives with these also to nibble on.