Very easy to prepare and a quick icing top.
- 115g Soft unsalted butter
- 115g Castor sugar
- 2 Medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 115g Self raising flour
- Choc chips
- 120g Bitter chocolate
- 125mls Double cream
- Melted white chocolate
- 1 Marshmallow Tea cake
- 8 Black pipe cleaners
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C, Gas5.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until very creamy and white.
- Gradually beat in the egg, making sure the mixture does not curdle.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a pre buttered 24cm cake tin and bake in the pre heated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and well risen. Cool.
- Next make the glaze, melt the chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water. Boil the cream separately and whisk into the melted chocolate off the heat.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- To finish place the cake on a wire rack, pour over the setting glaze and leave to cool completely.
- Pipe a web of white chocolate on the top of the cake, and feather lightly.
- Next make the spider by inserting the bent pipe cleaners into both sides of the tea cake, to look like legs.
- Pipe 2 eyes and large fangs on the front of the tea cake and place in the middle of the web.
- That's it just serve.