There is nothing better than a beautifully battered piece of fresh haddock, that crispy golden crunch and soft juicy haddock, perfect!
- For the Fish 2 Haddock fillets
- Vegetable oil to fry in
- Pinch or two of salt
- 175g self-raising flour
- 200ml larger or sparkling water
- 2 tbsp flour
- Heat the oil to 185°C.
- Place the flour into a bowl, add enough lager or water to form a smooth batter, not too thick.
- Flour the fillets carefully then place into the batter one at a time, coat well and place straight into the hot oil.
- Cook no more than 2 at a time or the heat in the oil will drop too much.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes stirring occasionally until golden.