Phil takes the challenge and creates some interesting recipes on the spot from ingredients brought in by celebrity guests.
- 1 x 400g can apricots in syrup
- 225g plain flour
- 115g salted butter
- 1 medium egg
- dash water
- a little beaten egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 x 400g can apricots
- 150g sugar
- just enough water to cover the sugar
- 100mls cold water
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Make the pastry by whizzing the butter and flour together in a machine.
- Add the egg and a dash of water, and pulse together, do not go mad.
- Roll out roughly into a 20cm disc and doc really well.
- Place on a baking tray, then arrange the fruit nicely, leaving a 3cm gap at the edge.
- Fold over the edge onto the fruit, brush with beaten egg and dust with sugar.
- Place the sugar and water for the sauce into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Liquidise the drained apricots, until you have a fine puree.
- Rapidly boil until you have a thick, dark caramel syrup, then add the 100mls water (stand back it will splutter), then re boil until all dissolved.
- Pour onto the apricots and blitz to a smooth sauce, keep warm.
- Once the tart is cooked, slice and serve with the sauce, a little ice cream will set it off perfectly.