This is a brilliant way to cook pork, its so moist and tender your will be queuing up for seconds for sure.
- 2-3 tbsp any oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- Roughly 500-600g roasted shoulder or belly pork, fattier the better cut into 3cm pieces
- For the sauce
- 150mls soy sauce or tamari
- 150mls water
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Heat the oil in a large shallow saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce and stir well, then bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering add the pork and coat well in the sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to warm through the pork, stirring every few minutes.
- The sauce should end up coating the cooked pork nicely.
- That’s it; I serve with plain rice noodles or plain boiled rice.