- 8 Cumberland sausages
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 prunes, stoned and very finely chopped
- olive oil, for cooking
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 3 tbsp carrot very finely sliced matchsticks
- ¼ small hard cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 pitta breads, sliced open
To make the salad, place the spring onions, carrot, cabbage, sesame seeds, vinegar and olive oil.
Mix well to combine, season well, leave for 10 minutes to soften slightly, then add the herbs.
Split the skin on each of the sausages and place the meat into a bowl.
Add the spring onions, thyme, prunes mix well.
Mix together using your hands and then shape into 8 even-sized patties, nice and thin.
Add a thin film of olive oil to the heated frying pan and then quickly sear the patties on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the patties 2 each in the open pitta breads, then top with the salad and serve.