Sausages, enough said!
- 2 tablespoons oil (any type will do)
- 400g prime pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 400g can tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- About 300ml strong chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan with a lid, add the sausages and brown well. Add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cornflour and mix together thoroughly. Cover and cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and uncover. Bring to a gently simmer on the hob. Blend the corn flour with a little cold water, then stir into the dish and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.