This is a great snack idea, easy to make and very tasty.
- Drink- chilled crisp white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc
- 250g Mashed potatoes
- no milk or butter
- 3 Medium eggs beaten together
- 1 Medium egg white
- 1-2 tbspns Flour
- 75mls Cold milk
- 4 Spring onions chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 200g Ricotta cheese
- 4 Large open mushrooms cut into ½ cm slices lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbspns Chopped parsley
- 50g Butter
- 50mls Olive oil
- Place the cold mashed potatoes into a bowl. Beat in the flour, then add the milk, egg and egg whites.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then fold in the spring onions.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and spoon in 4 large spoonfuls of the thick batter. Cook for a couple of minutes or until browned. Then flip over to colour the other side. Repeat the process until all the mixture is cooked. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil and butter in a wok or large frying pan until just browning.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms season well and cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes to colour.
- Add the parsley and keep warm.
- Lay the cakes onto warm plates, top with ricotta cheese, and finally spoon over the sliced mushrooms and juices