Curry is not curry without fluffy light Basmati rice.
- 400g basmati rice
- 150g fresh coriander, washed including stalks
- 700mls boiling water roughly
- Place the rice into a bowl and cover with cold water and rinse well, then repeat a couple of times until the water is clear, then strain well.
- Place into a saucepan and add the water and salt and stir well and place over a high heat.
- Bring to the boil, immediately cover with a tight-fitting lid and then turn down the heat as low as possible and simmer for 10-12 minutes, may take a little longer, resist the temptation to keep looking.
- Once cooked, all the water will be absorbed, remove from the heat and leave for 5 minutes. Then fluff wit