- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g long grain rice
- 400mls roughly boiling water (or double the volume of water to rice)
- 2 x 5g Oxo cubes
- pepper, lots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of oil and add the onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and coat well in the oil and onions.
- Add the boiling water and sprinkle in the Oxo cubes stir bring back to the boil.
- Lid on in oven for 14 minutes.
- Once cooked stir well and add the oil or butter, re season and leave for 5 minutes covered.