- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 small red onion peeled and very finely sliced
- 80g feta cheese, in small cubes
- 8 ripe but not soft strawberries, sliced lengthways into 4
- 2 tbsp lightly browned pine nuts
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- cracked black pepper
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Place the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper into a bowl.
Whisk for 20 seconds, then gradually add the oil, whisking to emulsify nicely.
Next place the spinach, onion and cheese into a bowl and lightly mix together.
Add the strawberries and JUST fold in, do not break them up.
Spoon over half the dressing and season lightly and fold in.
Place on a plate and sprinkle over the nuts and serve extra vinaigrette on the side.
All must be a room temperature to get the best flavours out.