Spring has sprung, although it might still be a little frosty this morning at least in some places.
- 1 x 320g sheet ready rolled butter puff pastry
- 1 x 200g jar ‘ready-made’ hollandaise (ambient)
- 2 -3 tbsp any oil
- 350g asparagus, lightly char grilled
- 400g Jersey Royal or any small new potato, cooked then sliced lengthways
- 50g watercress, roughly chopped
- 50g rocket, roughly chopped
- 6 salad onions, finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place a baking sheet upside down in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the asparagus, so it takes a little colour. Then spoon onto a plate.
- Un roll the pastry and place on a floured board and roll even thinner, the thinner the better, don’t worry too much about the shape.
- Dock well, then place onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Place the hollandaise into a bowl and add the sliced potatoes, onions and roughly chopped watercress.
- Mix well and season with pepper, there should be enough salt.
- Pile into the rolled pastry base, keeping 2-3 cm from the edge.
- Arrange the asparagus over the top neatly, then bake in the pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is nicely browned and cooked.
- Dress some watercress with a little olive oil and sherry vinegar and serve with the salad.
- Cut into 4 and serve warm or chilled.