A fantastic summer dessert the strawberries beneath the cheesecake layer looks stunning when cut, whilst the base adds its own beguiling texture and flavour. Try using blueberries or raspberries instead and you've got three deliciously different puddings in one recipe!"
- 200g (7oz) coconut biscuits, such as Nice biscuits, crushed
- 85g (3oz) butter, melted
- Filling: 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone cheese
- juice of 2 lemons
- Topping: 450g (1lb) strawberries
- 2tbsp strawberry jam
- You will also need a 20cm (8) spring-form cake tin greased and base lined with baking parchment
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter, then lightly press into the base of the tin.
- Meanwhile, beat together the condensed milk and mascarpone cheese until completely smooth. Add the lemon juice and combine thoroughly.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse half the strawberries with the jam until lightly crushed, leaving small pieces.
- Spread half the cream mixture onto the biscuit base. Spoon over all the crushed strawberries, then top with the remaining cream mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Halve the remaining strawberries and arrange on top of the cheesecake.