A nice summer light meal, one pot cooking at its best. Add any vegetables you like from the freezer, they will all cook perfectly. This dish is also really nice eaten cold.
- 1 tbsp any oil
- 6 Gluten Free sausages cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fenugreek
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 225g Basmati rice or any rice
- glass of white wine, optional
- 1 x 10g Gluten Free chicken stock cube
- 150g frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- Preheat the oven to 190°C gas 5.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan, add the sausages and cook for a couple of minutes to take a little colour.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and add the spices and cook for 2 minutes to release the flavour, add onion and garlic and cook gently for about 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and coat well in the oils add the wine, water, stock cube, sausages and peas.
- Season well with salt and pepper then bring to the boil, stirring.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and cook in the oven for 14-16 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Once cooked, add the spinach, stir well, re cover and leave for 10 minutes, then serve.