Jersey Royals are real Easter treat, they are slightly more expensive but well worth the extra, especially as its Easter. Sometimes fresh, new potatoes burst out of their skins when they are cooked, so this way it ensures not only a perfect cook but also a great flavour boost.
- 500g Jersey Royal potatoes
- 85g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic skin on
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6, same as the chicken recipe.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and butter until just sizzling.
- Add the garlic cloves, rosemary and cook for 1 minute over a low heat.
- Wash the potatoes well and place in a baking tray so they are nice and snug.
- Pour over the oil, butter and rosemary mixture and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and warm on the top of the stove on a ring or gas to start cooking, this is important, once hot they will start to cook the minute you place them in the oven.
- Pop into the pre-heated oven, and cook for 30 minutes, or until soft and juicy.
- Remove from the oven, keep covered and serve in a bowl with the buttery juices poured over.