For this deceptively simple salad or starter to work the tomatoes need to be at room temperature and very ripe, plus the quinoa, which gives the salad substance, should be warm.
- 12 medium sized, very ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 200g salted cashew nuts, whole
- 500g roughly cooked quinoa
- 4–5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2–3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fresh parmesan, nely grated
- Place the tomatoes into a bowl and mix with the cashews.
- Add the cooked, warmed quinoa and mix lightly.
- Add the oil, vinegar and season well with salt and pepper and lightly mix.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and serve straight away.
- That’s it!