A simple but tasty way to enjoy Partridge.
- 1 medium Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2cm pieces
- The meat from 2 partridges, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 50g unsalted butter
- 175mls dry cider
- ½ of a chicken stock cube (or gluten free stock cube)
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 25g unsalted butter
- Melt the 50g unsalted butter in a non stick frying pan, until slightly golden and bubbling.
- Add the apple and gently sauté 2-3 minutes to colour slightly.
- Add the partridge and again, just colour slightly, but do not overcook.
- Remove the apple and partridge and keep warm.
- Add the cider and stock cube to the pan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
- Add the tarragon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Finally add the 25g butter and swirl through.
- Do not overcook the partridge the meat should be rose pink when cut open.