Phil's at it again this time with the premier bread makers Warbutons, Phil has teamed up with Warburtons in the launch of their Gluten-Free bread range.
Whether it is a piece of toast for breakfast, a tasty sandwich for lunch or a crumpet for supper, we eat the equivalent of 9 million loaves of bread each day in the UK. And now people who follow a gluten-free or wheat-free diet or those with coeliac disease don’t have to miss out on this tasty daily staple with the launch of Warburtons new Gluten-Free and Wheat-Free bakery range. The new range of white and brown loaves, sub rolls, crumpets and teacakes have all the taste just without the gluten and wheat. Warburtons have teamed up with chef and expert in gluten-free cooking, Phil Vickery, to develop these two tasty gluten-free and wheat-free recipes.
- 4 slices Warburtons Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free brown bread
- 200g cream cheese
- 100g finely grated strong Cheddar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 4-5 Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g fresh spinach leaves
- 4 fresh eggs
- dash of vinegar
- lace the cream cheese, Cheddar, mustard, peppers, salt and pepper into a bowl and really mix well.
- Add the egg yolks and again mix well.
- Lightly toast one side of the bread, and then spread evenly the mixture over the un-toasted side of the 4 slices.
- Place on a baking tray, and grill or bake in a moderate oven or grill, don’t rush it, you will find they glaze and set perfectly.
- Meanwhile poach the eggs in simmering water with a dash of vinegar and a pinch of salt. Serve the toasties topped with a little fresh spinach and a soft poached egg.