This is the simplest way to make home-made truffles. They can be prepared well in advance and stored in the refrigerator _ all you need to do is dust with a little cocoa powder just before you serve coffee."
- 200g (7oz) bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 300g (11oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
- 3tbsp whipping cream
- 2tbsp orange liqueur
- finely grated zest of a large orange
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Put the chocolate, condensed milk and cream in a large bowl. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has melted. The mixture will thicken quite a lot, this is normal.
- Mix in the orange liqueur and zest. Cover and chill for 4 hours, or overnight, so the chocolate sets really well.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and coat it liberally with cocoa powder.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture into truffles, then drop onto the cocoa powder and coat well.
- Lift out, place on a baking sheet and chill well in the refrigerator.