You know when Spring has arrived when the Jersey Royals appear on the shelves. Lovely!
- 500g pot roasted Jersey Royal potatoes, warm
- 1 head Romaine or Cos lettuce, roughly sliced
- 100g long shaved Parmesan slices
- 3 slices Ciabatta bread, cubed and lightly fried
- 2 boiled eggs, cut into ¼'s
- Caesar Dressing
- 3 medium egg yolks 40g
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 20g salted anchovies
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 100mls olive extra virgin
- 100mls cold water, approx.
- lemon juice to taste
- pinch sugar
- Place the egg yolks, garlic, vinegar, black pepper, mustard and blitz until smooth in a liquidiser or using a stick blender.
- Then add the oils in a thin stream to emulsify.
- Add a little water to let down to the right consistency.
- Finally add the lemon juice and check the seasoning.
- The dressing should coat the leaves nicely but not be too thick.
- If the dressing is too thick then add a touch of water.
- Slice the warm potatoes into slices about 1cm thick, so they don’t break up.
- Place into a bowl, then add the lettuce leaves, then add some dressing and coat the leaves well
- Stir the bread cubes through.
- Place in deep bowls and top with boiled egg and slices of Parmesan cheese.