- 2 small red onions, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 600ml salmon or fish stock
- 4 small potatoes, about 400g, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small spring green heart, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 100ml milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300g salmon pieces
- Place potatoes, pepper and stock into a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes until the spuds are cooked but not falling apart.
- Add the chopped spring greens and simmer for another five minutes.
- Mix the flour and water into a paste.
- Season well and stir the flour and water mix into the simmering chowder. It will thicken so take care.
- Finally add the salmon, bring just back to the boil and stir in the milk. Serve hot.