I do like easy preparing cooking, this recipe does get any simpler, and its looks very impressive. The blue cheese can be omitted if you want or changed for a different cheese altogether such as Cheddar, Lancashire or even Caerphilly. I use Cropwell Bishop as it has a very creamy flavour and waxy texture.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 small heads of chicory, sliced
- 2 small heads red chicory, sliced
- 1 115g bag Hampshire watercress
- 3 x 285g jars artichokes, well drained
- 1 x 400g can cannelinni beans well drained
- 175g cubed Cropwell Bishop Stilton cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the garlic with the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and chopped mint.
- Mix together the artichokes, beans and cheese then add the oil mixture and combine well.
- Add the chicory and watercress.
- Season well and leave for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Serve piled into bowls with crusty bread.