- Pancake Batter
- 100g (3½oz) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 250ml (9 fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- sunflower oil for frying (optional)
- 2 large Bramley apples
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 200ml carton half fat crème fraîche
- To Serve
- 8tbsp Carnation Squeezy Caramel
- To make the pancake batter, beat the flour and the eggs together with a little of the milk, until smooth and then gradually add the rest of the milk.
- Heat a 20cm (8") non-stick frying pan. Brush sparingly with a little oil and pour in a ladelful of the batter. Immediately swirl and tilt the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook until golden around the edge and dry in the centre, about 45 seconds. Carefully flip the pancake over and cook for a further 15 seconds. Turn out onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Peel and core the apples and slice thickly. Melt half the butter in a frying pan and fry the apple slices in batches until golden brown on all sides.
- To serve, reheat each pancake, and fill with apples, crème fraîche and drizzle with caramel.