For me, bitter chocolate and raspberries are a truly great combination. They work so well together. This pudding is so easy to make, can be made well in advance, and looks really impressive. Go on, forget that diet, just this once!
- 150g (5oz) double chocolate cookies, crushed
- 25g (1oz) butter, melted
- 170g tube Carnation Condensed Milk
- 225g (8oz) bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids
- 150ml carton double cream
- To finish
- 225g (8oz) fresh raspberries
- cocoa powder, to dust
- You will also need a 20cm (8) spring-form cake tin
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed biscuits and the melted butter, then press over the base of the cake tin. Chill well.
- Place the condensed milk and chocolate in a large bowl. Microwave on high for 1 inch“2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has melted. Using an electric hand whisk, beat well until smooth, then leave to cool for a few minutes. Whisk the cream into the chocolate mixture and pour over the chilled biscuit base. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from the freezer, run a warm, dry palette knife around the edges of the torte and remove from the tin. The torte will be super-chilled but not frozen.
- Pile the raspberries in the centre of the torte and dust liberally with cocoa powder.