- 4 eggs
- 2 slices bread, cut into thin soldiers
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Place eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. once boiling, continue to boil the eggs for 8 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and gently squeeze into a cube while still warm.
- Using a peeler, peel the skin from the base of the asparagus spears.
- Cook the asparagus on a hot griddle pan, drizzled with a little olive oil and season.
- Toast the bread on the griddle pan until crisp then rub with the garlic clove.
- Mix together the mayo and mustard and spoon over the eggs. Arrange the bread and avocado slices around the plate.