Makes: 1 pie
Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 40 mins
- 500g dessert pastry
- 1 kg blackberries
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour, approx
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 beaten egg
- granulated sugar for sprinkling on top of the pie
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4.
- Roll out 2/3rds of the pastry nice and thin.
- Line the tart case with pastry.
- Place the blackberries and cornflour into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and mix well.
- Pour into the lined tart,heap up really well, as they will cook down, moisten the edges with a little beaten egg.
- Top with the second disc, seal the edges well. Cut off any excess pastry and crimp decoratively.
- Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar, make 3 small incisions in the top of the pie and place in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30minutes before eating. Cut into wedges and serve with heaps and heaps of clotted cream.