Salsas are all the rage at the moment, here is a twist using roasted sweetcorn flavoured with lime and coriander. Perfect with Sea Bass
- 4 sea bass, whole and defrosted
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 whole fresh sweetcorn
- 2 tsp of fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 fresh limes
- salt and pepper
- 2 pinches of granulated sugar
- 3-4 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
- Pre-heat the grill or oven to a high setting.
- Place the sea bass on a chopping board and slash across the fish in a diagonal fashion.
- Carefully cut the sweetcorn in half. Stand the corn on the cut end and shave off the ears with a sharp knife. Do the same to the other 3 pieces.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tbsp of olive oil into a wok or frying pan. Add the ears of sweetcorn and the chilli then sauté quickly over a high heat until they take on a little colour. Once cooked, spoon into a bowl and cool slightly.
- To the sweetcorn, add the chopped red onion, cherry tomatoes, and juice from 2 large fresh limes. Add a little salt and pepper, sugar, then mix well, finally add the chopped coriander.
- Spoon the last 4 tbsp of oil over the 4 sea bass and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place onto a baking sheet or tray and pop under the grill or in the oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly cooked.
- Serve the bass whole spooning over the salsag over the salsa