Prep Time: 25 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 115g smooth peanut butter
- 5-6 tbsp water
- 1 pot fresh coriander, chopped
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Instant noodles
- Place the salmon cubes free of skin and bone onto 4 skewers.
- Place the mint, zest and lime juice, sugar, pepper, salt and oil together in a bowl, mix really well.
- Place the salmon skewers onto a plate or stainless steel tray, then pour over the mixture and coat well, leave to marinate.
- Next make the sauce by heating the 2 tbsp of olive oil, and then adding the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and cook for 5-8 minutes to soften.
- Add the vinegar, peanut butter to the pan, mix well and warm through off the stove, add the chopped coriander and the spring onions and add enough water to make a thick sauce.
- When ready to cook, remove the skewers from the marinade, and pat really dry on kitchen towel.
- Heat a barbecue or hot non stick frying pan, if using a barbecue, before heating lightly oil the bars with kitchen towel dipped in a little oil, also lightly oil the marinated salmon. This will stop them sticking.
- Cook the salmon skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with instant noodles and the dip on the side.