This is a twist on our favourite chocolate toffee muffins - try them with hazelnuts and of course our divine caramel!
- 250g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 100g (3½oz) light soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 150ml (½pt) milk
- 5tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 100g (3½oz) roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- You will also need a 12 hole muffin tin and muffin cases or 12cm square pieces of greaseproof paper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F or Gas Mark 5.
- Place the flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, without beating.
- Drop spoonfuls of the caramel into the mixture, gently swirl through, but don't mix it in inch“ its nice to see little pockets of caramel bubbles in the finished muffins.
- Place muffin cases in the tin or push and fold the greaseproof paper squares into the tin. Spoon the mixture into the cases until quite full.
- Top each muffin with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes and eat fresh and warm.