Serves: 6 - 8
Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 34-40 mins
- 4-6 tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic head, cut in half
- 500g (17½oz) Jersey Royal or new potatoes
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh mint
- 50g (2oz) salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ gas 6.
- Place the olive oil and garlic into a large, ovenproof saucepan. Add the potatoes, season well with salt and pepper then add half the mint, stalks and all.
- Cover, put in the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Take out of the oven and remove the cooked mint.
- Add the butter and rest of the mint, this time lightly chopped, coat well and serve.