This is a quick way to make a cheat's trifle ... great for last minute entertaining!
- 6 ripe plums, halved and stones removed
- 200ml (7fl.oz) water
- 55g (2oz) caster sugar
- 6tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 200g carton half fat crème fraîche
- 350g (12oz) fresh or frozen mixed berries, defrosted
- 300g prepared Madeira cake, cut into 12 slices
- 2tbsp brandy
- To finish: toasted flaked almonds
- Place the plums in a saucepan with the water and add the sugar, cover and gently poach for 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove the plums and reserve the cooking liquid. Continue to boil the liquid until reduced by half.
- Stir together the condensed milk and crème fraîche and fold in the mixed berries.
- Divide the cake slices equally onto 6 serving plates.
- Stir the brandy into the cooking juices and evenly drizzle over the cake slices.
- Top with the plums then the fruit mixture.
- Serve scattered with the toasted flaked almonds.