A lovely warm pudding with crisp pastry, a moist caramel and almond filling and topped with apples and caramel sauce.
- For the almond filling: 25g (1oz) butter, softened
- 55g (2oz) ground almonds
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- Base: 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- 3 fun-size red dessert apples
- small knob butter, melted
- caster sugar, to sprinkle
- Greek or natural yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Put 25g (1oz) of the softened butter into a bowl with 55g (2oz) ground almonds and 2tbsp Carnation Caramel. Beat thoroughly together.
- Unroll the pastry and, using small plate or bowl, cut out 6 circles 12cm (4½in) in diameter.
- Place the circles on a non-stick baking tray. Fork over the centres of the pastry circles.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg, not quite to the edges. Divide the caramel mixture between the pastry circles - placing spoonfuls in the centre of each tart.
- Core the apples, halve and slice thinly.
- Arrange the apple slices over the almond filling.
- Brush with a little melted butter and a little caster sugar over each tart.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until the pastry is well-risen and golden brown.
- Beat a couple of tablespoons of Carnation Caramel until smooth and trickle over each tart.
- Serve with the yogurt.