A simple, tasty and absolutely essential partner to roast beef.
- 225g normal plain flour
- 4 medium eggs at room temp
- 560 mls 1 pint full fat milk
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C, gas 6.
- Place the eggs, flour and half the milk into a bowl, gently whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Finally add the rest of the milk, and season with the pepper only.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to each Yorkshire pud tins and pop into the oven on a tray to heat up and be slightly smoking.
- When ready pour the batter into the preheated tins and immediately return to the oven.
- Once the door is shut reduce the heat to 180C, gas 4.
- Cook the Yorkshire pudding until well risen and golden brown.
- Remember the golden rule …when you think they are ready, allow another 10 minutes.