A fabulous meat alternative that packed the of flavour.
- 4 tbsp any oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 400g roughly, cold mashed potatoes (no butter or milk)
- 1 x 400g can drained kidney beans
- 1 x 400g can drained cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 beaten egg
- Cook the onions, garlic and spices in the oil 10 minutes
- Place the mashed potatoes, cooked onions, drained beans and chilli sauce into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg and mix well to form a firm, but not stiff mixture.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Form into 8 balls and flatten slightly, dust with flour and chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a pastry brush, paint egg on both flat sides of the cakes and dust with a little flour.
- Brush with beaten egg and then a few breadcrumbs, pat down lightly.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan and cook the cakes on both sides for 4-5 minutes.