There is nothing better than a beautifully battered piece of fresh haddock with that crispy golden crunch and soft juicy haddock, and a good dollop of Curry Sauce. Gorgeous!
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 tbsp mild Madras curry powder
- 2-3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 x 10g chicken stock cubes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2-3 tbsp mango chutney
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and stir to coat, then add the flour, stock cubes and tomato puree and mix well.
- Gradually stir in about 900ml water, then season and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and GENTLY simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or it will catch.