Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into roughly 12 thin strips, no skin, the inner fillets will make 2 on their own
- 6 slices air dried ham, cut into two lengthways, giving you 12 strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 175g peanut butter, roughly
- dash of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- pinch chilli powder
- 8-10 tbsp water
- juice 3 fresh limes
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander, optional
- finely grated zest from 2 of the limes above
- Place the peanut butter, fish sauce, tamarind, honey, chilli, water and lime into a small saucepan and gently heat until you have a sauce consistency, adjust if needed when cool with a little water or oil. Add the coriander and lime zest once cool.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, the wrap the thin sliced air dried ham around the chicken. Secure either end on the stick.
- Gently cook the seasoned skewers in a little oil for 2-3 minutes turning so you get a nice colour.
- Add a little sauce and coast the chicken well and reduce slightly, so the sauce glazes.
- Serve with cold dipping sauce.