This is one of the all-time favourites in our house, very simple and quick, and the best thing is it can be cooked just before your guests arrive and left warm.
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large yellow peppers
- 2 green peppers
- olive oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 200g approx. pitted black olives roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat the BBQ or grill or hot oven (and leave until the coals are grey)
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds, but leave the stalk on.
- Rub the peppers inside and out with olive oil, season well and grill on both sides for 3-4 minutes until soft and lightly coloured.
- Meanwhile, place onion, olives, extra virgin oil, lemon juice, parsley and cheese into a large serving bowl.
- Add the hot, cooked peppers and toss well, re season with salt and pepper.