Juicy honey roast chicken and new potatoes, a match made in heaven.
- 1 x 1.5 kg chicken
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 10g chicken stock cubes
- 200mls boiling water
- 500g small Jersey Royal potatoes, washed
- Pre heat the oven to 220° C gas 7.
- Place the chicken into a deep large casserole dish, large enough to take the bird.
- Spoon over the honey and rub in well, the season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken, uncovered in the oven for 15 minutes to take a nice colour.
- Remove and add the boiling water and stock cubes and potatoes place the lid on and pop back into the oven.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes, then turn down the heat to180C gas 4. Cook for a further 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked and very soft, but not falling apart.
- Once the chicken is cooked, lift out carefully with 2 forks, turn upside down and place in a bowl and cover with cling film, leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Check to see if the potatoes are cooked if they are, remove with a slotted spoon.
- Pour the chicken stock into a small the pan back on the stove add a little more boiling water. Bring back to the boil and thicken with a little cornflour or chicken granules, don’t go mad.
- Serve with the cooked potatoes and gravy.