For this recipe to work, the fish has to be as fresh as possible and really well chilled. I add a little whisked egg white to the mixture, this helps to bind the fish together well, but you can omit if you want.
- 250g fresh salmon, free of skin or bone, as cold as possible
- 250g very finely chopped freshwater prawns
- 1 level tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Thai basil
- salt & black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs, optional
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- dash of Tabasco
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp brandy
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- For the Build
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into thin long slivers
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, VERY finely shredded
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 medium burger buns
Chop the salmon and prawns really finely, then re-chill.
Mix the rest of the ingredients and season well with salt and pepper.
Add a few breadcrumbs to the salmon and mix really mix well.
Mould into 4 even patties, flatten and then re chill.