What could be better with Fish & Chips.
- 225g dried green or marrowfat peas
- 50g unsalted butter
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Soak the peas overnight in cold water.
- In the morning rinse well, then place into a saucepan.
- Just cover with cold water, and bring to the boil.
- Skim well, then simmer until they are soft and just falling apart, and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon, seasoning with salt, pepper and adding the butter.
- The end result should be, nice and soft, with a buttery edge.
- Cover and keep warm.