A twist on traditional Lasagne, this is a deliciously light and healthy alternative.
- 400g pasta sheets thin as possible and cooked, refreshed and lightly oiled
- 750g ripe, perfumed tomatoes, sliced horizontally
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 200g crème fraiche
- 6 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 3 large leeks, washed well and cut into quarters and finely chopped and sautéed quickly in olive oil
- For the Dressing
- 500g ripe cherry or sweet tomatoes room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 75mls extra virgin olive oil
- 100mls safflower or sunflower oil
- Pre heat the oven to 160C gas 4.
- Place the sliced tomatoes onto a baking rack and season well, then add a little garam masala
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven until they have dried by roughly 40%, then remove and cool. Drizzle well with olive oil.
- Next make the dressing and season well.
- To assemble, lay a piece of pasta into a large bowl.
- Add 3 or 4 tomato halves, add a little dressing and few softened leeks.
- Add a second layer of pasta, tomatoes and dressing then a final pasta sheet.
- Top with a spoon of crème fraiche, black pepper and little dressing.