- 4 medium pork chops, rind on, but nicked every 1cm
- 2 level tbsp table salt
- 2 level tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- For the Ketchup
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled and chopped roughly
- 100mls cider vinegar
- 100g castor sugar
- Mix the salt, sugar and pepper together really well then sprinkle evenly over the pork chops, rub in gently turn over and repeat the process, then leave for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn over and leave for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the apples into a pan along with a little water and cook over a gentle heat until pulpy.
- Boil the vinegar and sugar until syrupy.
- Once the apples are cooked place into a liquidiser and blitz until really smooth, then pour in the syrup, strain through a sieve.
- Wash off the sugar and salt from the chops, then pat really dry with kitchen towel.
- Heat a frying pan, add a dash of oil then gently cook the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan from the stove, cover loosely with foil and leave for 10 minutes, making sure the chops are just cooked, not overcooked.
- Serve with the ketchup.