For this dish to taste really good the mushrooms have to be really well cooked and dry to get the flavour out.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely pasted
- 600g trimmed asparagus, cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g brown cap mushrooms, cooked to a nice brown colour, quite dry
- 3 small onions, finely chopped and cooked with a nice colour
- Siracha sauce, optional
- ½ tsp Bovril, with a touch of water
- Heat half the oil and add half the garlic, stir to soften slightly.
- Add half the asparagus, season well with salt and pepper, then cook over a high heat to take a little colour.
- Add half the mushrooms and onions and dash of hot sauce (or Bovril) or both and re season warm through and serve.
- Repeat the process for the other half of the ingredients.